At the B. Doza & Company, acknowledged as one of the oldest and largest customs clearance firms in Bangladesh operating in Bangladesh, we correlate our success directly to the strength of our management team.
To continue operating at our high standards while expanding our operations out of Chittagong and into other ports around Bangladesh, we’re seeking an experienced General Manager to join us.
As an exemplary candidate, you’ll be a born leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience commanding operations, and potentially human resources, finance, and communications departments, too. You’re a master communicator with a vital ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments.
Ultimately, the desire to lead a team toward maximum productivity and efficiency drives you.
Objectives of this Role
• Develop strategic plans for optimised productivity at B. Doza & Company.
• Review and improve organisational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
• Uphold as well as improve current standards of excellence and soaring quality.
• Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships across the country.
• Provide leadership and feedback to encourage others to strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
• Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own abovementioned goals.
• Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives.
• Accomplish tasks on time to maintain and ensure project timelines.
• Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans.
• Delegate responsibilities to the best employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values.
• Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved.
Skills and Qualifications
• Proven experience in a managerial role
• Strong decision-making capabilities
• Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
• Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
• Ability to motivate and lead people and hold employees accountable
• Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
• Master’s Degree in Business Management or related field
• Working knowledge of customs clearance formalities
• Previous performance evaluation experience
• Special consideration would be shown to Retired or Honourably Discharged as a mid-ranking member of Bangladesh Defence Force (the preferably Bangladesh Navy)